Why rent an apartment in the neighbourhood of Pilar, Madrid?
If you choose to rent an apartment in the neighbourhood of Pilar, you can celebrate the fiestas de la Virgen with the area’s residents every week of October 12th.
The area of Pilar belongs to the district of Fuencarral-El Pardo, in the northwest of Madrid. Its boundaries are Avenida del Cardenal Herrera Oria to the north; Calle de Ginzo de Limia to the east; Calle de Sinesio Delgado to the south; and Calle de Villaamil, Camino de Ganapanes, Avenida de la Ilustración and Avenida de Betanzos to the west.
The area is mainly residential, and it has a high population density. There are some good sports facilities and shopping zones in the area.
If you want to rent an apartment in the district of Fuencarral-El Pardo, and you prefer doing so in a residential area with shopping options and many services, then the neighbourhood of El Pilar could be perfect for you.
Discover the neighbourhood of Pilar with ShMadrid
The neighbourhood of Pilar is one of the most complete neighbourhoods in the city of Madrid. It is located in the northwest of the district, and within the district of Fuencarral-El Pardo, this is where you will find most of its services. Many incentives have persuaded residents to come and live in this district.
The neighbourhood is equipped with a good public transport system of both buses and metro lines, and you will also encounter some shopping zones. That is why renting an apartment in the neighbourhood of Pilar is a great option for many.
During the week of October 12, the whole neighbourhood celebrates the festival of the Virgen del Pilar, which is one of the most important fiestas in Madrid. The festival brings together many residents, but also attracts visitors.
Thanks to its location next to motorway M-30, the neighbourhood can be easily accessed by private vehicle. There are also good bus and metro connections, with the stops of Herrera Oria, Barrio del Pilar and Peñagrande.
What to see in the neighbourhood of Pilar in Madrid
One of the most interesting places to visit in the neighbourhood of Pilar is Parque de la Alcazaba. This Madrid City Council public park is bordered by Calle Ribadavia, Calle Ginzo de Limia, Calle de Melchor Fernandez Almagro, Avenida de Betanzos, and it is crossed by Avenida el Ferrol.
The park has a surface of 119,657m², with a total of 1,189 trees: 25% are yew trees, 16% are stone pine trees, 16% are Siberian elm trees and 7% are grey poplar trees.
It also has 51 different shrubs: 29% are oleander, 19% are Syrian rose and 10% are forsythia. And there are also mountain shrubs: altogether 8,478m², with 29% of oleander, 19% of barberry and 14% of pittosporum.
There are several services for the park’s visitors, such as children playgrounds and sports facilities. Other services include the Gregorio Marañón Institute, the Jorge Guillén Primary School, the Nuestra Señora Flor del Carmelo Parish (Carmelite Fathers), and also the calva championships and popular fiestas take place in the neighbourhood of Pilar.
Other neighbourhoods to stay in within the district of Fuencarral-El Pardo are:
- Apartments and Houses for rent in El Pardo
- Apartments and Houses for rent in Fuentelarreina
- Apartments and Houses for rent in Peñagrande
- Apartments and Houses for rent in La Paz
- Apartments and Houses for rent in Valverde
- Apartments and Houses for rent in Mirasierra
- Apartments and Houses for rent in El Goloso